In the case of car accident:
- Stop immediately and identify yourself.
- Exchange license, registration and insurance information with other driver, injured persons and/or police.
- Always call 911. Never presume injuries are minor.
- Write down a detailed description of accident and take photographs as soon as possible.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident. Do NOT attempt to settle a claim yourself.
- Be aware of the “Appraisal Clause” in your insurance policy. This could provide a means of settlement if the insurance company and your collision repair shop cannot agree on repair costs.
- Have even minor damage repaired professionally. Letting minor damages go can cost more in the long run.